Tuesday, March 1, 2011

You're All Right

As children, we believe everything our parents say. When I was about to go in for a surgery as a child, my dad talked to me as I was swinging from a tree in the backyard and told me, "Everything is going to be fine." I believed him and it turned out just fine. Maybe because I was so confident (based on my dad), I recovered faster.

As we become older we still need to know if everything is going to be fine. My parents are both long gone and I sometimes wish I had them whispering in my ear, "It's going to be all right." It would make things easier and maybe it would affect my performance and life.

It's a gift to give someone the sincere assurance that indeed, it will be all right, that what you're going through is common and you will do just fine.

How would you act if you knew it was going to be all right? Would you be doing the same things in the same way you are today?

It's going to be all right...

No comments:

Post a Comment