Monday, February 28, 2011

Let's have a No-Leap Day

I don't trust him, maybe it's his moustache
I know the customer is going to steal our idea
I'm not going to work too hard, the boss wouldn't appreciate it
No use asking for more money, the client won't pay it
I'm not going to ask for help, they wouldn't pitch in anyway

It's easy to leap to conclusions, to make assumptions, but they cost us. We already deal with the letdown and disappointment when we assume something will not work or will be rejected. I'm guilty of that, maybe a lot of us are.

Why not today, since it is February 28th and it's not a leap year, we have a no-leap day? Today, make no assumption, don't leap to any conclusion and allow people to reveal who they really are and what they really think. They may surprise you.

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com

No comments:

Post a Comment