Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Do-It-Yourselfer

I'm not a handy guy around my house, although I'm proud to say that in high school I took the Marine Aptitude Test and it said I was outstanding in the area of construction, manual dexterity, mechanical comprehension, etc. It shows how wrong a test can be.

When I was a poor college student, I tried to tune up my car and put on a muffler by myself. Each time it resulted in me having to get a friend or a dad of a friend to come by and fix my handiwork.

We do the same thing in our businesses; we try to do it ourselves too often. Sure, you can spend the weekend painting the office or you can try to do your tax work or your advertising and you will save money. But if putting a muffler on my car improperly could've cost me my life, maybe I should've sucked it up and paid for a professional to do it. The same goes for the critical areas of our businesses.

How much will it cost to save all that money?

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com

No comments:

Post a Comment