Monday, October 24, 2011

Legacies

At LaBov & Beyond, we have the opportunity to meet some wonderful clients. At the top of the list was Virgil Miller of Newmar RVs. Virgil, a devout, Amish man, served as a spiritual mentor for me and many others who worked for him.

He said he struggled for years with his profession--he was the president of an RV company. He felt he should have been a minister until he realized something. This is what he told me:

I've always wanted to be a minister and then one day it occurred to me that every minute of my work day, that I was ministering to the people here. I had 330 people who could be helped and influenced right in front of me.
When it comes to legacies, making a difference in people's lives, there is no job description that fits better than another. A foreman can influence people just as well as a priest, a teacher just as well as a politician, or a kid's Little League coach just as well as a rabbi.

We make our own legacies.

Barry LaBov
LaBov and Beyond
www.labov.com

PS Thanks to Sonya for inspiring this blog from her post comment of a few weeks ago!



No comments:

Post a Comment