Friday, October 7, 2011

Here's the bad news, tag you're it

I played tag as a kid. It was fun. I don't play it any more. Most grown-ups don't, except in business.

Hey, we just found out the customer is unhappy, thought you'd want to know
Here's an email from the supplier saying they can't deliver
Here are the finacials on the investment we made, it looks like we lost a lot of money
My employee isn't happy here, I think she wants to transfer out

The above is common in business and it tears us down. Basically the message is: life sucks, I'm not doing a darn thing about it and now that I've told you, I'm clean--I have no more responsibility past that--and if you choose to try to solve this for me, good luck.

My mantra at business: We don't play tag anymore.

Barry LaBov
LaBov & beyond
http://www.labov.com/




2 comments:

  1. It is too expensive to just sit there and let the walls fall down around you. At my company, LaBov & Beyond, we all but force ourselves to come up with a solution NOW, even if it's not the perfect one.
    Better than doing nothing. Thanks,
    Barry LaBov

    ReplyDelete