Friday, May 6, 2011

Old Buddy

I just heard from an old client of ours. We worked together for years and then it all stopped due to many circumstances, including his company being sold and us not being able to deal with the extreme politics at his company.

I had given up on ever working with him again, but then I heard his voice and it all changed. It was good to hear from him. He seemed to be far happier. His life had changed dramatically and he was healthier in every way.

We may end up working together. But I've already learned from this. When we were working with him in the past, we didn't realize the stress he was under, maybe he didn't either. That stress tainted all we did together and led to tension and frustration. To his credit, he's made tremendous progress personally and professionally since then.

Hopefully, not only has he grown, but so have I. Maybe we can be a better team than before.

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com

No comments:

Post a Comment