Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Best of Barry: Thank you for accepting my weakness


It's smart to focus on our strengths. But what if I only do a few things really great every day and the rest of the 23 1/2 hours of the day I stink?

Is my weakness my problem or is it to be shared by those who surround me?

I don't think the answer to this is black and white. Sure, I should focus as much as possible on where I make a big difference. But then again, if I try to grow and learn, I can expand that strength area a little and be more valuable to my team.

On the other side of the equation, my customers or bosses can look at me as a person with specific talent and do their best to put me where I can succeed.

For my part, I need to build on my strengths, not just sit on them. Hopefully, those around me will appreciate it and we'll build on that.

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com
Originally posted 01/10/11

No comments:

Post a Comment