Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Best of Barry: Option, what option?


There's a reason why new technology is utilized in war times. It's because it has to work. There is no longer time to wait and wonder and tinker and fiddle around--it's time to pull the trigger.

Well-known technologies, from atomic bombs to bunker busters, have been employed in wartime to gain advantage, each after years of experimentation. All the way back to the Civil War, new technologies included submarines, military railroads, hospital systems, the Gattling Gun and others.

Does that apply in the workplace? I think so.

If I don't have an option to take a day off because I'm not in the mood, then maybe that makes me face my issues and solve them. If I don't have an option to lose that sale, maybe it makes me hunker down and get to the heart of the issue.

When you don't have an option to fail, it dramatically increases your chances to succeed.

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com
Originally posted 02/10/11

No comments:

Post a Comment