Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Time Machine

I don't have time to do this until after the first of the year.
I can't think about it until two weeks from now.
I couldn't ask for help because she's been busy for the last four weeks.

We all want a time machine to make our lives easy. It would be great. You could freeze time, go into the future to check things out, come back and lose no time. It'd be great. But we're stuck with reality.

I may say and show I'm too busy to answer a question for you, but yet I can sit and talk sports with a co-worker for 20 minutes.
I may indeed have a huge presentation in a month that I'm prepping for, but still I stop and read personal emails or shop online during work instead of reaching out to a client on a new idea--I'll save that for next year to do.


One minute of time spent helping a co-worker could yield great results. One dial of a phone to call a client with an idea could reassure them that you care.

It doesn't take a lot of time. It doesn't require a time machine.

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com

No comments:

Post a Comment