Monday, March 23, 2009

A Best of Barry: The Most Important Person in the World

I walk into a Cessna Aircraft’s service area, it's teeming with activity. The receptionist greets me, asks how she can help me, if I need a ride, then asks...who am I here to see? She offers me a conference room to relax in. A shuttle arrives shortly to take me to the building my meeting is in. I arrive at my destination and that receptionist asks if I'd like a single or double espresso while I wait. Within minutes, the espresso arrives.

You might say that this is excellent customer treatment. Agreed. But neither receptionist knew if I was a customer, a prospect, a supplier, a former employee, a spouse of an employee, etc. It didn't matter: they treat everyone the same--like they are the most important person in the world.

To be fair I've met with others in the aviation industry and have been very impressed with them, too. It might be an industry thing, I don't know.

But I do know that there is only upside in treating everyone who comes through your doors (or your phone system or email system) as if they were the most important person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment