Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The value of a customer dashboard

I just hired a technology firm to do some work for my company. It's a small project, so I was surprised when they said I could go online and follow their progress via a customer dashboard.

I went online and found it fascinating. I can check and see what has and what has not been done. No more guessing, no more wondering...

At first I thought this was a great customer perk. But it's more than that. It also keeps their company in line--they can't hide, they can't miss a deadline without it being apparent.

Think of how many multi-million dollar projects are going on that have no such transparency. You, the customer, have to track down the company to get an update. Is it because the small project is easier to track, or because the company doing the larger project doesn't want to be tracked or doesn't know how to set up a dashboard?

Maybe if we realized transparency works both ways--for the customer and the company providing the service--more of this would be happening.


Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
http://www.labov.com/
.

No comments:

Post a Comment