Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Motorcycles in the Rain

I was nervous and excited. I had never ridden a motorcycle before, but was determined to learn how. So, I enrolled in a course and took classroom as well as actual riding instruction. At the end of the course, I was to be tested, both in the classroom (a written test) and on the course (a skills test). It was pass/fail. The last day, they handed me the written test and I passed. Then it was time for the riding test...and all of a sudden, we had a torrential downpour. I thought, surely the class will be postponed or canceled. Nope. The instructor said, "Put on your rain gear, let's go ridin'."

In that downpour, I learned something: you can actually ride a bike in the rain and the wind. While I will never wish for bad weather, I will never fear riding in the rain (as long as I do it safely, of course) again.

I applied this to our clients' businesses and my business. We've long feared a recession or economic depression (I grew up hearing my dad talk about the Great Depression) and well, now we're experiencing a pretty tough one. But we know now that we can make it through and that we'll be better for it. No more fearing a recession, we've been there, done that.

If your business is healthy during these conditions, you've passed the test.


Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com
LaBov Sales Channel
PB&J Newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment