Monday, November 19, 2012

Go beyond

Nike's slogan is Just Do It. It's not only their mantra, but it's a mantra to live your life by. My company has a mantra, Go Beyond. It describes how we feel it should be at our company.

We should go beyond:

the expected
the traditional
the order
the boring
the safe
the easiest solution
the first idea
convenient
our comfort zone
our selfish interests
the surface

My company is going beyond this holiday season by giving beyond. We're donating $1,000 to a worthy cause and allowing the public to vote on which organization will receive the money. Those who would like to vote should go to labov.com/GiveBeyond and vote for one of the five organizations listed. All these organizations are near and dear to our hearts, as our employees have donated their own time and money to each of them.

If our team more often than not lives our Go Beyond mantra, we should do alright. If I live it in my personal life, I should do just fine.

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com


1 comment:

  1. I think what you're doing is great, Barry LaBov. I used to work for Big Brothers Big Sisters as a Marketing representative. My job was to attract new volunteers as they were sorely needed – especially for the male children. My office in NJ was constantly understaffed, and its workers were stressed out of their minds. Even if this money doesn't go towards Big Brother s Big Sisters and to another deserving charity instead, the message to go beyond this holiday season is sorely needed. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete