Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Out-think the Roadblock

I didn't hear back from corporate
The customer hasn't emailed their response
My boss isn't in the office this week
It's not really my area of expertise

We all say these kinds of things. We all hear these kinds of statements. They are roadblocks. They stand in the way of getting something done. And, in our weakest moments, we like them... Yes, we like them!

Roadblocks allow us to:
Be victims
Be unacountable
Do less
Point fingers
Absolve ourselves

Roadblocks are tests, they are mirrors that we can hold up and look at ourselves with:
Am I doing something to overcome this?
Am I showing my value?
Can I help my customer solve this?

Roadblocks are in front of us every day, most of the time we have nothing to do with the fact they are there. But we can out-think them.

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com

No comments:

Post a Comment