Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Best of Barry: Powerwalk vs. Sleepwalk


I just hung up the phone talking to a CEO friend of mine. My company has done a little business with his company (let's call them Company A), but never really clicked with them. They were too slow-paced, too low-intensity. The CEO realized it and asked me to help identify it for him. I told him of another multi-billion dollar company (Company B) we work with that has also gone through tough times. But you can clearly see their response is different.

I told the CEO he should visit Company B and walk the halls, but when he does he better make sure he walks fast or he'll be run over. At Company B, the people are so focused and intense that they power walk down the skinny halls of their old building. Company A's employees sleepwalk through their cavernous hallways.

Look at the pace of your company, what does it tell you?

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com
Originally posted 07/21/10

No comments:

Post a Comment