Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Best of Barry: Commitment is Critical


I was just at a seminar and had to make a decision: Do I really commit to this message, do I give more of myself than I usually do...or do I sit back and see if get pulled in?
This time I decided to give it my all and I really was moved, I think this seminar can really make a meaningful difference in my life. The thing is, the facilitator was good, but not phenomenal. The message was strong, but not unique. The setting (the room, the locale) was decent, but not breathtaking.

The big deal was that I was ready to receive and to engage. We may hope our ideas, our events, and our messages are brilliant, but if the audience doesn't jump in with both feet, it doesn't matter.

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com
Originally posted 11/12/10

No comments:

Post a Comment