Sunday, December 5, 2010

Honor the inspiration

I spoke with a client this week and she said she had been looking for business books on Amazon.com and was shocked to see some books my company has written. She didn't know we wrote books. It was fun hearing the excitement in her voice.

It made me stop and think about why we wrote those books. It certainly wasn't to become rich or famous. It was not easy to write them, and often they were not viewed as a priority internally at our company. In fact, they were viewed often as an impediment to getting other things done.

I had hoped they would help our company, and most importantly, I had hoped they would help others. But the most important reason they exist is because we were inspired to write them. And we honored that inspiration--we completed the books.

It sounds simple, but it's a powerful reason to do something:
Because I was inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment