Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Say It Again

I talked with the customer and they don't want to buy it right now.
I shared my idea with the boss and she said, "No."
I thought my idea was great, then I presented it and no one said a thing.
The above scenarios happen daily. No big deal. What is a big deal, is what happens after: usually nothing. The person gives up, "Well, I tried."

99% of all great opportunities die because you brought the idea up once, the clouds didn't open up, the choir didn't sing, and the audience didn't give you a standing ovation. So what? Bring it up again. Re-word it. If you honestly, with all your heart, believe in the idea, don't give up. Give people a chance to re-consider it, show them that you have passion for it.

And if no one gives you a standing ovation the second time? Repeat the process until you learn why your idea doesn't work (so you can fix it and re-present it) or they finally wake up to your brilliance.

Do I have to say it again?

Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com
LaBov Sales Channel
PB&J Newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment