Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The game

I love games—baseball and golf are my personal favorites. But I don’t look at what I do for a living or how I get along with the people I work with as a game. I look at what I do as a privilege and a responsibility, similar to that of being a parent.

In a game, you can take the outcome lightly. You play for a while and then you can move on with no strings attached. You don’t take your performance seriously if you’re just playing for fun. You probably don’t try to improve. You just do what you can in the moment. Your score has no real weight on who you are and you can quickly brush it off.

In what we do for a living, we make a statement as to who we are in every transaction, every movement, whether or not anyone sees it. We have people paying us, depending on us and believing in us. It is easy to say that it’s all a game, but I believe the stakes are far higher than that. And, the results of the relationships you grow make it not only meaningful, but also fun


Barry LaBov
LABOV Marketing Communications and Training

No comments:

Post a Comment