Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Twister

Remember the old game, Twister? You'd end up with both hands on the floor in a weird position as each leg was twisted over the othergreat fun.

Well, the other day, I was analyzing how I was focusing on a difficult project, and I wrote down all the options I had. I reviewed that list of four different options and I found out why I was so frustrated. It wasn't because those options were wrong; it was because I was trying to do all four. I had my hands or legs in all four areas. Just like a Twister game.

It really is a pain to dabble and not commit. So, what I did was re-rack my plan. Now, what was strange was that my new plan looked similar to my old Twister approach, except that I did eliminate one option entirely and I tweaked a couple of others.

But at least I now have a plan and a direction and don't feel like a contortionist.

Barry LaBov
LaBov Marketing Communications and Training

www.labov.com





1 comment:

  1. What I liked about what you said, Barry LaBov, is that you were feeling anxious over a major project and you didn’t succumb to it by becoming agitated or more anxious. You stopped what you were doing and you wrote everything down. Once you took a step back and realized that you were all over the place, you were able to fix the problem. This is excellent advice and one that would work in both your professional and personal life.

    ReplyDelete