Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Forget about Perfect

I want to brag about some great customer treatment my company recently received. I'd love to tell you the name of the company, but I know they don't want their brand mentioned when it concerns a product quality problem. I disagree with that, but respect their position. So here goes--I'm still impressed with what they did and how they did it, and think there's a lot to learn.

We purchased a large-ticket product and have been happy with it. But over the years, we've attempted to repair a mysterious issue (malfunction) numerous times. The cause of the problem was elusive. The manufacturer stepped in and was tremendous.

They replaced the product temporarily for us and then went about to fix it. I was told our product was on the "Watch List"--the list of products or client issues that are reviewed by the top execs daily until they're are fixed. That made us feel special.

Well, it now seems the product is fixed and we're in great shape. Here's what I learned:

It's not if, but when, a product will break down. If a manufacturer is more than fair and jumps in to fix it and take care of the client, odds are, the relationship will not just survive, but flourish.


My employees who were involved with working with the manufacturer are now more loyal and excited about their brand than ever. Smart manufacturer, I wish I could tell you their name. But we can still learn from them.


Barry LaBov
LaBov & Beyond
www.labov.com
LaBov Sales Channel
PB&J Newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment