Thursday, April 25, 2013

The good doctor

I took my son to an eye doctor who specializes in baseball vision, Dr. Bill Harrison. He has worked for numerous famous baseball stars, including some Hall of Famers. It was a long drive (about six hours) to see him, so we made it a family weekend.

I hoped that Dr. Bill would be helpful; after all, he's worked with some of the best athletes in the world. I was more than satisfied with his expertise.

But I found it was his passion that was most impressive. He personally greeted us as we walked in, he spent hours with my son making sure he had the right corrections for his contact lenses and then we went to a baseball facility and worked on exercises that help hitters "pick up" the ball as it's traveling 80-90 mph.

Since then Dr. Bill has emailed my son to see how he's progressing and has called me to talk. That's passion, that's a person who is making a difference. What an inspiration!

You would think that the doctor would be too busy to waste time on a young boy and instead focus on other things, but for Dr. Bill his passion is helping people see better.

He's helped me see better, tooI see clearly how passion intersects with expertise and creates a magical experience.

Barry LaBov
LaBov Marketing Communications and Training
www.labov.com

No comments:

Post a Comment