Monday, April 29, 2013

Be a Leader

I was working on a non-profit and a fellow board member was in an uproar over something trivial. I didn't see the importance of his position, but he wanted me on his side. He implored me to be a leader, stand up!


Truthfully, I felt pressure to do something to show support for him, but I had a dilemmawhat if sometimes being a leader is not standing up and throwing your weight around? If that's true, I would certainly be disappointing him. But the truth was I felt he was wrong, and I wasn't going to make him look better by standing by him.

Being a leader involves not making a move sometimes.

Barry LaBov
LaBov Marketing Communications and Training

www.labov.com

1 comment:

  1. You’re right, Barry LaBov. I think a leader is, first and foremost, a man of conviction. If you can’t respect what the man or woman stands for or they don’t stick with their convictions, there’s no way that person can sustain any leadership role.

    ReplyDelete