Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Talent

I used to be a music producer. For example, I would record a singer and make her sound the best I could. Most of the time, the singer was good, but would have weaknesses. My job was simple: get the best of her to the point of having her sound better than she really was.

By the time I'd be done with the recording session, I'd be drained from working so hard to make sure each word was clear, each note on was pitch and that there was a magical feeling to the performance. Often the singer would be exhilarated at how great she sounded and how easy it all was.

Our job as leaders is to do the same with our team, to put them in the right place and give them the chance to perform better than they have before.

Barry LaBov
LABOV Marketing Communications and Training
www.labov.com

No comments:

Post a Comment